Since 2004 Cercol Construction Services Pty Ltd has undertaken eight projects at Canberra Airport totalling $17.66 million as either the Principal Builder or the Project Manager.
The projects include:
- Fit out for international operations in the Terminal – $0.8m
- Refurbishment of an office and warehouse complex at Fairbairn – $0.52m
- Conversion of former Airman’s Mess at Fairbairn into office accommodation and a call center including the fit out for Volante – $4.0m
- Conversion of the former Officer’s Mess at Fairbairn into a conference center and offices – $1.62m
- Refurbishment of the former Airman’s Tavern into a Cafe – $0.52m
- Refurbishment of the former Defence IT Center including the upgrading of services – $1.9m
- Refurbishment of Hangar 48 at Fairbairn to provide modern office accommodation and hangar space for aircraft – $1.8m
- Refurbishment of Hangar 47 at Fairbairn to provide modern office accommodation, hangar space for aircraft and a fit out for the AFP – $6.5m
All these projects had their own peculiar complexities and required careful planning and execution of the works. The refurbishments have been undertaken in existing structures, some more than 60 years old and therefore required great attention to detail to provide modern commercial office accommodation whilst preserving the heritage qualities of the buildings.
The Cercol team has undertaken their work in a most professional manner and the quality of the workmanship has been excellent.
Cercol Construction Services is currently constructing a new hangar and office complex for Brindabella Airlines and I will have no hesitation to use them for future projects of a similar nature as and when required.